The Wilderness Safaris Group recently announced the launch of Safari & Adventure Company in response to the market demand seeking safari products across southern Africa in the mid-tier ecotourism and adventure market. They will be launching a suite of affordable lodges and camps in key wildlife and nature areas of South Africa, Namibia and Zambia and intend expanding this product offering into Botswana and beyond as opportunities for development arise. These camps - staffed by young and enthusiastic Southern Africans, offer a return to a rustic bush camp experience. Their aim is to create a space where young and old couples, families, single travelers and groups are equally comfortable.
Sun International is proud to announce the inauguration of the Royal Livingstone Express, a unique dining experience combining the luxury of the Royal Livingstone Hotel at the Victoria Falls with the charm of rail travel. The train is an all inclusive luxury rail experience rooted in the nostalgia of a bygone era and provides fine wining and dining as you travel through the picturesque Irwell Valley in Pullman style coaches which have been lovingly restored to their former glory. The Royal Livingstone Express consists of 5 air-conditioned carriages, 2 dining cars, a kitchen car, lounge car, and an observation car and is pulled by either a 10th class 156 or a 12th class 204 locomotive. One of the dining cars, The Wembley, was built by the Birmingham Railway Carriage and Wagon Company, and went on display in London at the British Empire Exhibition in 1924. It was shipped to the Union of South Africa and entered service on 19th May 1926. The Steam Locomotive, 156 is a 10th Class originally belonging to the largest private railway network in the world, Zambezi Sawmills Limited.
What is keeping you from having a Dream Wedding in Southern Africa? With our wonderful weather, idyllic game reserve, wine estate, hotel, mountain and country lodge venues your wedding could be a “dream come true experience to share with your family and best friends! We have close ties with numerous specialist wedding consultants that are experts in coordinating wedding functions of all sizes.
We will assist with all venue, accommodation, honeymoon arrangements as well as pre- and post wedding tours for guests attending the wedding. Considering exchange rates, South Africa is probably one of the world’s most financially viable wedding destinations.
Examples of a few options that can be included in your itinerary
- A 5-Night luxury package that includes 2-nights at any of the Mantis Collection Private Game Reserves and 3 nights at either Lake Pleasant Living in Knysna, Bushman Sands Hotel in the Eastern Cape, any 1 of the 5 Last Word Retreats (The Constantia, The Long Beach, The Franschhoek, The Bishops Court, The St. James) in and around Cape Town or a 5-Star Hotel at the V&A Waterfront in Cape Town. This special is available during the months of May to September. Visit the website.
- Exhilarating Walking Safaris at a Phinda Game Lodge in northern KwaZulu-Natal where guests are accommodated in luxury en-suite safari tents offer an incredible up close and personal game viewing experience. Visit the website.
- Experience the “The Green Season” with Wilderness Safaris at several of their Safari Camps in Botswana, Namibia, Zimbabwe & South Africa. Covering the months November to April it has long been considered low season by the travel trade. Because rain has fallen game has dispersed, vegetation is thicker, and humidity is higher. As a result many would rather send their clients elsewhere. To do so is to miss out on an explosion of life and colour and some exceptional game and bird viewing in spectacular scenery. Read more...
- “Tee off in Paradise” winter golf specials at Fancourt – one of South Africa’s premier golf resorts. In addition to four golf courses suited to every type of golfer, Fancourt boasts one of the finest golf academies in the world, with state-of-the-art practice and teaching facilities, backed up by the expertise of PGA professionals, as well as several well-stocked on-course pro shops offering all types of golf merchandise. Visit the website.
- There are various special “fly-in” game reserve packages that we can offer you during the winter months (April – July).